Friday, November 03, 2006

This Post is Dedicated to the Birthday Girl



Today is my older, wiser, stronger sister's birthday. I could say a lot of things about Aspen...she's smart, she's quite funny, she's breathtakingly beautiful, but the first thing that comes to mind is, great mom. She's had a lot of tears and she's had to learn a lot of hard lessons this past year. But through it all she's kept her chin up, as my mother would say, and done everything she knew to do to give my nephew the best care possible. In my opinion, she has done a fabulous job, but I could be a bit biased. Aspen is my best friend and is also my sister...what a two-fer, eh! It's been a very tough year for her and hopefully this anniversary of her birth will bring about a year of renewal. So, here's to you Aspen...the best sister a girl could ask for! I love you more and more everyday.

2 Comments:

At Friday, November 03, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

Okay seriously, birthdays are for joy and not tears! This is like the third time I have cried already today. This has already been an amazing birthday. You were an amazing strength for me this year. I would never have survived the past year without you. Your unconditional love for Daven and I both, is something I will always live for.

I miss you everyday, but today I miss you terribly! I wish you could come out with us tonight to help me celebrate. It will not be the same without you!

Thanks for the dedication; I love you more than you will ever know.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY!!!! It is way cool to have a sister and even better when you are close. I am so glad that i know what you mean...It is the best twofer going :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home