Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Myth: Getting the Flu Shot will Give you the Flu

Now, I'm not so sure. Before I go into my tyrade, I must say, I am a believer in the flu shot. I had the full blown version of the flu about four years ago and it was AWFUL!! I don't ever want to feel like that again. It put me outta commish for two weeks. So, ever since then, I get my flu shot faithfully. Friday I got my flu shot from a Senate nurse. It was actually most painless flu shot I've ever had. But since Friday night, I've been in an extreme state of "blah" and my left arm hasn't stopped hurting. Until yesterday it really hurt to lift it and I sleep with my arms over my head. (I'm quite the contortionist in my sleep). Even today my arm is still throbbing a bit. I'm probably over exaggerating, I've been known to be a bit of a drama queen when it comes to being sick. It's just really annoying me and it makes me feel very tired and weak.

This weekend I took Roxanne to the vet's office. And while it cost me more money than I had planned on spending, the vet was very thorough and I really liked her. She didn't really tell me a whole lot though. She said to put foil down because cats don't like the sound or texture of foil. Well, apparently Roxanne isn't like other cats (which I always knew, but was hoping wouldn't be in true in this instance.) It did me no good. She's smarter than the average cat. I also had to take in a urine sample...uh, yes you read that right...a urine sample...from a cat. How do you get a cat to pee in a cup? Geez, the things we do for our pets. I did some major cleaning last night...I hope that does the trick.

Sunday I went to Tatum's baptism and after-party at Lisa's. TONS of people came! I got to meet all the people I'd only heard or read about. It was very nice. I was also chatting with Yvonne about feeling under the weather. She promised to drive down to Virginia to give me chicken noodle soup if I needed it. I have been so fortunate to come across such good friends as Lisa and Yvonne...between the two of them, I can hardly want for anything. They've become my home away from home.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 24, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

Well, of course Roxanne is smarter than other cats! She is just defying against you because she wants to prove her point. (whatever that point may be) This too shall pass!

Note to self: HUNT DOWN FLU SHOT!

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

The flu shot always makes my arm hurt too but it is better then the flu. You are most likely blah because it is freezing ass cold!!! We love you , I was nice to see you.

 
At Wednesday, October 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roxanne must have chatted with Brooklyn. Damn foil doesn't work with her either. HOWEVER, a handful of change in a coffee can works AMAZING wonders (Shake the can and say "no" simultaneously). Eventually the can goes away and they get the 'no'. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home