Thursday, October 12, 2006

Good and Bad

I'll start with the good...This weekend was pretty uneventful. EXCEPT...I found the most beautiful place I've ever seen. I found Tyson's Corner Center...the biggest, most inclusive mall I've ever seen. It almost brought a tear to my eye. Three floors of pure shopping bliss. And the best part...free parking! I didn't know there was anyplace in the city that had free parking. And rumor has it, the place is absoultely stunning at Christmas time...I can't wait for that!!

Sunday I went up to Lisa's to watch football. I had a great time with Lisa and Yvonne's family but the football wasn't so good. It's tough being a Cowboys fan.

And the BEST news...I'm going to see my family this weekend!!! I'm flying to Denver to see Tucker, Jody, Tia and the new baby, Raney on Saturday. Trevor already lives in Denver, plus my parents, grandparents, Aspen and Logan and who could forget DAVEN are coming up to see me too. Wow, I feel so loved. I can't wait to see them...Aspen and I decided yesterday, this is the longest I've ever been away from home. I can't wait to see everyone! I am so close to my family and actually long to spend time with them. I'm counting down the hours...44 and counting!

Okay, so now for the bad...I feel like a horrible mother. Roxanne (my cat) is having some issues. She hasn't been on her most lady-like behavior lately. So, I looked online for more information. It's possible she could have a UTI. I called the vets office to get an appointment. The assistant asked me a few questions. When she was done, I realized her problems are because of me! I did leave her alone for a few days and we have moved around a lot lately. Cats can be very moody and defiant towards change. She had been handling all the moves really well...maybe she's panicing thinking we'll move again, or maybe she can feel I'm going to be leaving her again this weekend, I don't know. But it makes me very sad. I don't want Roxanne to be unhappy or unsettled. She hasn't slept with me in about a week either...which is usually a good indicator of her unhappiness. I know this might seem silly to most, but she is a huge part of my life and I rely on her daily. I can't even imagine the turmoil real parents go through with real children if I'm having such a hard time with my psuedo child.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, October 12, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Poor Roxann she'll get better hopefully....So glad you finally found Tysons Corner it really is something. I usually try to stay away...

I thoug hthe football games were terrific!!! GO EAGLES!!!

Have a great weekend with your family

 
At Thursday, October 12, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

OMG, 44 hours! I can't hardly stand it I am so excited!

You are a great mother. Roxanne is okay and will be "over it" soon I am sure. Cats tend to forget things fairly quickly.

And, when I come see you next can we go to that mall?!

LOVE YOU!

 
At Thursday, October 12, 2006, Blogger Nancy said...

You, Aspen, and Lisa really need to teach me how to shop. I suck at it. I want to like it...I really do.

I took a day off to take care of my cat once. Don't feel bad. I still freak out if she seems sick, and I have a child!

Have a wonderful trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home