Wednesday, September 13, 2006

This Is A No Parking Zone

Well, the worst has officially happened. I finally got my coveted parking pass yesterday...disaster I say, disaster! I went to the parking pass office and the girl said, you will be parking here, and she pointed to a street on the map. I'm sorry, did you say street parking? So I'll be parking on the street? Not in a lot...parallel parking? Well, I don't know if you know this or not but, I have never parallel parked in my life. It absolutely terrifies me! Last night I didn't sleep well just thinking about it. When I got to work this morning, I found a spot I didn't have to back into and I snatched it up! I had to walk about five blocks, but I didn't care. I later recruited some of my friends in the office to come down and give me an impromptu parking lesson. They were great, and I actually did it!! It only took about three tries. HA! I'm hoping this gets easier with practice and without help...I won't have them in the car with me every morning.

I aslo drove to work for the first time this morning...talk about traffic! It's enough to make a person go crazy! I'm really hoping today was an exception and not the norm.

On Monday, I got to hang out with the Senator for about a half an hour...just me and another girl I work with. It was so great! I'll take any face time I can get with the Senator. He was cracking us up! What a character.

On another completely unrelated note...Roxanne finally slept on her pillow and with me more last night. Whew...I thought she'd never get used to the new place.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 13, 2006, Blogger Nancy said...

Top five worst nightmares:

5 - Teeth falling out in mirror.
4 - Screaming and nobody can hear.
3 - No brakes!
2 - Chased by baked goods.
1 - PARALLEL PARKING

 
At Friday, September 15, 2006, Blogger Jeremy said...

You'll have your parallel parking black belt in no time. It just takes practice young grasshopper.

http://www.ehow.com/how_1872_parallel-park.html

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

I bet the traffic was the norm, I told you....Come over for free parking leswsons from Chris he taught me and now it is easy...That is a must in DC girl you know that :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home