Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Relief, Sweet Relief

This weekend was a flash in the pan and just not long enough. My friend came down, and while we had a rocky first day, things did finally feel comfortable again. We did a lot of exploring of Germantown...everyday I find something new there! There was plenty of eating dinners together and tons of sports watching, and I loved every minute of it. I'm just glad those things are fun for him too! We ran together as well. It's always good to know someone is in just as much pain as you are at the moment, yet neither of you want to quit. However, I did quit well before he did...silly over achivers! On Sunday we went into the city so I could show him my office. And although we couldn't seem to find the light switches, I think he was pretty darn impressed with my little que-be. I mean, who wouldn't be? I work at the freaking center of the world!! It had been a long time since he'd seen Roxanne and he absolutely fell in love with her. He just kept saying what a good cat she was and how much she loved me...all this I know, of course.

All in all, it was a great weekend and I look forward to our next meeting. It was hard, as it always is, to see him go again. But this time there was a sense of peace in the departure.

PS - My business cards came in today...look for one in your next (and every) piece of mail from me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home