Monday, August 14, 2006

I Don't Need to be "Hooked-up"

It's Monday...yawn. Monday's always suck. But today hasn't been too bad.

Friday night, amidst an iPod crisis, Lisa called and asked my to come over to her friend Yvonne's house. I decided to go, and I was so glad I did. Yvonne and her family are so great. I had a great time sitting around and chatting. The food was fantastic too! I learned they are "foodies." I'm figuring it means they are some sort of food snobs...but all that means to me is they sure can cook!

Saturday, I was pretty lazy. It was a beautiful day out...high of only 80! I "got lost" in Germantown and found some pretty cool places. I did go and get my car washed...$20 later,gulp, I'm considering never driving it again for fear I might get it dirty. It was the strangest thing though...I went through the car wash like normal, then a guy comes and takes my car and drives it onto a moving conveyor belt. Then about 8 guys attack the car cleaning the windows, dash, and vacuuming out the floorboards. It was crazy! I'd never seen anything like it before.

Sunday, I went to a picnic with Lisa at her boss's house. This gathering, however, was not as comfortable as the Friday night escapade. It was okay, but I totally felt out of place and completely underdressed. I've never seen a group of more perfect bodies in all of my life! All the women were 40+ and had PERFECT bodies...there was NO WAY I was getting in the swimming pool with them! It wasn't too bad, but I did feel extremely out of place.

And finally, to the header of my post. One of my housemates, Lester keeps trying to set me up with some of his friends. He tells me his middle name is "Cupid." Oh Lord, here we go...On Saturday morning he asked me, "Do you like engineers?" I said, "As people? Uh, yes??" Then he proceeds to tell me about his friend who's 40, an engineer, and also a home owner. But my favorite part was when he said, "He's handsome, but he's not hot." What does that even mean?? So, apparently I can get someone cute, but definitely not hot. Ugh, Lester. I put him off and went on my way. THEN, later that night he comes down into my room and says, "So, do you like really (or as he says it, weally) good looking guys? Because I have this friend who's 22 and a lifeguard. He's not really smart, but he is very good looking." Are you kidding me??? UGH...just leave me alone. When I'm that desperate, Lester, you'll be the first to know...actually, you'll probably be the last, Sorry!

4 Comments:

At Monday, August 14, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

Well, you did get Ms. Personality 3 years in a row. That has to count for something. HA! LOL

Good ol' Lester, just lookin out for you. ;-)

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Lester Lester lester...what do you say...HMMMMM I Know tell him you only date women! :)

Sorry you felt out of place yesterday, I told you all my job was a fashion show...Just so everyone knows I am 31 and not one of the perfect bodies that Autumn is referring to. To bad for me eh ;)

Autumn you looked just as good as the ladies there I do not know what you are talking about, ok so not as dressed up but definatly as hot :)

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa "cupid"... let's put those phera-moan-iac arrows back in its quivering quiver.

dude, Nuka knows some HOT guys in philly - we should be hitting her up for the HOOK UPS. =)

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, most blogs have pictures. And yours needs a few of the aforementioned hot older women. Autumn, you know how I feel about older women! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home