Thursday, August 10, 2006

Just Another Day in Paradise

Okay, so yesterday I found my car the very first time. I've found a few parking spaces that are always free, so I've been parking in the same spots everyday...that seems to help in the car search. After work yesterday I laced up my running shoes and went for a run on the Mall...that's right, I said the Mall. It was so nice...what an entirely different running experience. I ran all the way to the Washington Memorial and back. I don't know how far that is...I'm thinking about 3.5 miles. It was a beautiful afternoon with little humidity. Running back to the Capitol was so spectacular! It truly is such an amazing building. I still have to pinch myself every morning when I walk in. I plan on Mall running as often as I can squeeze it in.

I'm on my way home from work, my mouth had been watering for the entire commute thinking about the Chick-fil-A I would get in Germantown. So I'm in the drive thru, programming the radio stations in my car stereo. I'm totally not paying attention and completely MISS the speaker to order. So I had to wait in line, then drive back through the drive thru again and wait some more. How embarrassing! I'm finding my New Mexico license plate come in handy more and more everyday.

Today it's raining in the city. I finally figured out what those "wet umbrella" bags were for at the door to the office building. I'm just glad I had an umbrella to put in the bags! I'm not really used to carrying around such an item. It's beautiful though...all gloomy and grey. I just wish I was at home with Roxanne and not here at work. Speaking of Roxanne...we got lots of snuggle time last night. She must be finally comfortable with our new place. She makes this place and my loneliness so much more manageable. Okay, now I'm just rambling. Until tomorrow...

4 Comments:

At Thursday, August 10, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

Oh how I love these blogs! It makes the miles away seem so much less. Keep on writin!

Love you! And love Chick-fal-a, eat extra for me.

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

I love Chick-fil-A...Don't be to hard on yourself that order window just creeps up on ya :)You well eventually learn to hate the rain,it means the traffic is usually worse then normal. Let me know if you want some good radio stations :)

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006, Blogger Nancy said...

I found out that the rain in DC is MUCH different than the rain here in Oregon. I would call the heaviest rain here a light "mist" compared to the downpours you have there. Keep the umbrella handy. Find some comfort from the loneliness in your new routine and remember it will get better with time. I have enjoyed following your story through Aspen's eyes and hope you find great happiness on your new adventure.

Nancy P.

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i lived everything you lived through your post. i must say that it sounds beautiful and i miss the rain so much. you are so lucky!

i listened to Gotta Getcha today and i remembered what i miss more than rain...

=)
love that you're bloggin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home