Friday, August 11, 2006

GOOOOOOOOOOO NATS!!!!

I went to a Washington Nationals baseball game last night. It was so much fun! Mike, one of my fellow Interns from 2005 is working on The Hill too. He had an extra ticket, so he invited me to come along. I love going to baseball games. We lost, 9 to 6 against the Marlins, but we made a big rally in the 7th inning to tie the game. Riding home on the metro last night was like walking into another world. First we sat on the same end of the train with about 8 hoodlum kids all around the age of 13. They spoke of "rumbles" and "trouble." I was never worried but they were so annoying! They kept running up and down the train yelling at one another. And they all had these weird carnival stuffed animals...very strange. Then, at one stop a guy and a girl run onto the train, as if chasing one another. The guy taps her and says, "you're it!" Then runs off the train. And then, this cute little Asian girl gets on the metro and starts talking to anyone around her announcing, "I'm a little drunk, we just went to happy hour." I'm thinking, this girl is doing EVERYTHING wrong! Not in a million years would I tell strangers on a train that I was wasted, especially if I was by myself! I'm pretty beat today, but don't worry...my good friend Johnny Starbuck always seems to pull through in the klutch.

I can't wait for the weekend! Sleeping in, running by the lake (there's a lake by my house), and staying in my pjs all day. Weekends are great refreshers. Lisa invited me to a picnic on Sunday. I'm gonna go, but otherwise I have no weekend plans. I'm gonna go "get lost" in Germantown and see what I can find. I also need to wash my car...it's pretty filthy from the 24 hour plus trip from New Mexico. It should be a relaxing weekend, and I can't wait!

4 Comments:

At Friday, August 11, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Wow we made you a Nats fan already...Maybe if you hang out with Chris long enough well get a post come October saying GOOOOOOO SKINS...LOL I won't hold my breath though... Can't wait to see you on Sunday and hear more about your first week.

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

Glad you had a great time. Steer clear of the metro late at night...got it? Well, unless you are with a boy. HA!

And if I ever hear "Goooo Skins" come out of your mouth...I will slap it! ;-)

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006, Blogger Jeremy said...

You're living the life. I'm jealous. Please don't ever tell me you miss Clovis. You can miss the people here, but don't ever miss this place. Your life is now much too cool for that.

 
At Saturday, August 12, 2006, Blogger Mital Patel said...

Hey, I went to a baseball game this week too. It was fun, and the Rangers actually won! Sounds like a blast in D.C. Have a good weekend in pjs, I'm a gonna do the same. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home