Monday, September 11, 2006

Weekend Update with Tina Fey

Well, I'm not exactly Tina Fey...but sometimes I like to think I am...I mean, we both have glasses and dark hair, and we both are extremely funny...we're practically twins!

Friday night I went out with a few girls from the office we went to eat at this pizza place called Matchbox...great atmosphere, decent pizza, but the smell of that place permeated everything on me...even my purse!! I couldn't get the smell out of my nose to save my life! So gross. Then we went to see Little Miss Sunshine. Really funny movie! I laughed so hard! NOTE: I do not recommend this movie for my parents...it has an "R" rating and all the things that go along with that apply here. But it was really funny.

Saturday...I spent the entire day chained to my apartment...a prisoner in my own home waiting for the Directv installation guy. He was supposed to be there between 8am and noon...he finally showed up at 3pm. He looked around for a little bit and finally said, "I can't install it, you have no signal here." I'm sorry, come again? Surely I didn't hear you right...surely I haven't been waiting all day for you to come by just so you could tell me it can't be done. This man almost got slapped. So I called Dish Network...they are coming on Saturday. Looks like it will be another long week without any TV.

Saturday night I went out with Katie...how do I know Katie, you ask? It's a very long story! Katie works with Lisa R....that's the short version. I rode with Katie and we were going to a place in Adam's Morgan neither of us had been before. She got directions from a friend of hers...these directions weren't even close to being right...and we wound up walking about 3 miles before we finally found the place. Soooo many blisters! We were hobbling by the time we got there...I'm just glad I decided to wear those flip flops instead of my cute black heels. I can't even imagine. But Katie is tons of fun...I plan on hanging out with her again soon!

Sunday I was really lazy...mostly to spare my feet. Lots of sleeping, but no football...thanks for nothing Directv! However, I did learn something yesterday...I can't run my microwave and my toaster oven at the same time...blew a breaker twice.

Well, today is September 11...big sigh. Things are different in the city today. I can just feel it. I have to admit, I was pretty nervous about coming to work today. The security everywhere has been heightened. So far everything is okay...but it is definitely a different city today.

2 Comments:

At Monday, September 11, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

Darn that DirecTV! I just knew I was going to get a GREAT kick back from them. Oh well, maybe we will just use your Dish connections and get a kick back through them. HA!

Only if you can get a signal.

Miss you! Be safe today!

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

I am glad you had fun with katie :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home