Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hands, Reaching Out, Touching Me, Touching YOUUUUUUU

So yesterday, I don't know what it was...I guess just a little bout of grey skies and loneliness. I was on the metro riding home listening to my ipod. It's set on shuffle which leads to a great variety of music, I assure you. My tastes go from one extreme to another and when my ipod is on shuffle, I get a taste of it all! But I digress...I was listening to my ipod when Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline came on. I BURST into tears! I was remembering the night all The Core was packed into Carisima's car on the way to the movies and Jeremy, Adam and I were singing that song at the top of our lungs...or when Jeremy and I listened to it to get us pumped up before we ran our 10k. Who gets pumped up to Neil Diamond, anyway? But it's such a silly song to make someone cry, especially because it is such an upbeat song. I think I'm just getting lonely and I'm still trying to decipher if my new apartment is a good idea.

Also, I'm trying to find furniture for my new place. I'm thinking about getting a futon. What does a futon say?: I'm too cheap to have a couch AND a bed! Or maybe, "This couch can turn into a bed at any moment, baby." You decide...either way, I'm not really a fan of the futon, but I think it would be best for space purpose. Especially if I ever decide I want to have company. I welcome any thoughts on the futon issue or any "what does a futon say?" comments. This is a picture of the futon I'm thinking about getting....classey, eh? Nothing says, "Single Lady" like a good futon.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

What does a futon say? How about, this can be a STRAIT UP uncomfortable couch OR an extra comfy snuggly bed depending on how much I REALLY like you.

It makes me sad to hear you cried. Chin up, SAM is there!

LOVE YOU!

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

lets go to ikea before you do any impulse futon buying...:)

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..... um, closet Neil Diamond fan here.... shhh! - don't let the word get out ;)

 
At Saturday, September 02, 2006, Blogger Jeremy said...

Who would have thought Neil Diamond memories would be the most emotional? Also, nothing says, "my back hurts" like sleeping on a futon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home