Monday, August 28, 2006

On the Road Again...again


What a busy weekend I had...okay, so it wasn't THAT busy. Friday night I went over to happy hour at Yvonne's with Lisa. Yvonne is so great...very opinionated, and that's what I like about her! She's such a mother hen.

Saturday I drove all around DC (all by myself!) to check out some apartments. I decided the 1.5 hour commute everyday is going to start to get to me...especially come winter. So as I went on my quest to find a new place, I discovered a few things about myself. 1. I can drive in the city and not get completely lost (thanks mostly to mapquest). Maybe I'm growing...but the driving is no big deal...as long as I don't have to parallel park. 2. I hate having roommates!!! I've become so accustomed to coming and going as I pleased that after I met all these potential roommates, I decided I really don't want a roommate. But trying to find something affordable on my own around here is near impossible.

After a weary afternoon of searching, and not really being very impressed, I went out with Lisa and her friend Erica. We went to this Italian Chophouse. It was so much fun! I have yet to have a bad time with Lisa. Here's a picture of the three of us having a ball!

I decided Sunday was going to be my lazy, recuporating day. I slept in, ate some pop tarts, slept some more. Then I got a phone call. I didn't recognize the number so I just let it go to voicemail. I listened to the voicemail, and it was a dream come true! An efficiency apartment, in a great part of town, and in my price range! I rushed down to go check it out. While it's not a mansion, I think it will work just fine. It's SUPER small, but it does have a fireplace (that was the selling point). I quickly swiped it up and signed the lease. I'm moving in this weekend. Luckily, I don't have very much stuff, so hopefully the move won't be too big of a deal. I'm hoping to get Lisa to help me out (hint, hint ;)). I'm just hoping Roxanne doesn't freak out too much. Now all I really need is a bed...how important is a bed anyway?

3 Comments:

At Monday, August 28, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Very Cool Where is the new place??? I should be able to help you out on Saterday maybe we can sucker Yvonne too... I am glad you always have a good time with me :)

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

YAY, I am so excited for you. I know that is a huge sigh of relief to find a place you are comfortable with and is still comfortable in your wallet.

LOVE the new picture too. I am so jealous of the fun you girls are having! LOVE YOU!

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new place, whereabouts in DC is it? I'm so glad everything is working out in your benefit. It was a pleasure meeting you the other night. Lets keep in touch.

I'm still working on setting up my blog...Erica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home