Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Office Woes

Last night I went to happy hour with some of my co-workers. It was one of those, three strikes and your out, kinda things...which means, if you deny hanging out with them three times then they stop inviting you altogether. I had other things to do, but I couldn't risk being extradited from the office folk. I had a decent time...but I was ready to go after a few hours. We wound up staying for about four hours! Ugh. I was glad I went though...I now feel like I have a little bit more of a connection with some of the people I work with. I would like to think one of my social "gifts," if you will, is my wit. And thus far, I haven't been able get into any kind of groove to use it at all. That's getting very frustrating to me. I know it's silly but, that's how I make friends, and if I can't get my wit on, then how am I gonna make any friends???

Oh, but my favorite part of the evening was when a girl asked me, "So, where are you living?" I told her, and she said, "Wow! That's really far away!" Talk about a blow to the ego. I was already on edge about the apartment I signed up to rent for A YEAR. And then this girl just deflated any excitement I had about the place. *Sigh. It'll be fine, I was just saddened and annoyed to hear this.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, August 31, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Falls Church is the same distance from DC as Germantown is but the two places are in opposit directions and different metro lines. Atleast that is what Will told me....So take back the leese and stay with Lester it is closer to me. I am going to miss you :)

I bet Fall church is going ot be a little cheaper?

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, those office folk need to catch a glimpse of your two-step - cuz that's what had me hooked. shoot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home