Friday, September 08, 2006

The Wheels on the Bus...

Okay, I HATE the bus! I mean loathe it! I called to get a cab and it was going to cost me $22 to get home from my metro stop...OUCH!! So I opted to just take the bus. I had to wait 30 minutes for the bus and I didn't get home last night until 9:30! I miss the days of driving 5 minutes to get to work. Don't worry...I applied for my parking pass yesterday, and I can't wait to use it! I drove this morning to a different metro stop and parked in the parking garage of a mall, just so I didn't have to ride the bus. I'm just hoping the parking garage is still open when I go back tonight. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

So, on Wednesday I got to hang out with Kelly Clarkson...you read that right! It was so cool...we were standing right in front of her. One of my friends got her to sign her CD booklets. Kelly was really nice. Randy Jackson was also there...he's really short, btw. The Recording Academy or something like that, was doing a demonstration in one of the caucus rooms on the House side, of what goes on in producing a record. And they recorded a song that's gonna be on Kelly's new album. I love working on The Hill!!

Last night I was having a kind of blue evening. Lots of reasons, I guess. But when I got home I had a package from my Mommy at my door. I knew it was coming and I could hardly wait for its arrival. I quickly opened it...it was full of silly things, so very characteristic of my Mom. After opening the box, I immediately burst into tears. (come to think of it, if someone was just reading my blog, it would seem I cry a whole lot. I really don't, I'm basically a very happy person...no really, I am!) I just missed my Mom and Dad and all my family. It was nice to get a little piece of them in the mail, no matter how silly. I loved every little piece...a coloring book, some crayons, a book full of girly romance stories, a word find book, some gummy bears, and my favorite part of the package...a bag of candy. But the best part of the bag of candy was the note she attached to it. It said, "Put these in a dish on your desk and everyone will come to your cubby." I was talking to my mom a few weeks ago about work, and not really fitting in and being back in a corner...such a place that no one ever goes to unless they are coming to see me. Which means, no thru traffic by-passing my desk. She said, in perfect mother fashion, "Well, Autumn, you're just going to have to get out there. You can't stay behind your desk all day in your que-by and never talk to people." Of course she's right...but her solution to the problem was perfectly spot on...a dish of coveted candy. I plan on putting the candy out and weighing the response I get.

I couldn't sleep last night...just thinking about a lot of stuff right now, so this morning came way too early for me. I decided to get one of those Pumpkin Spice Lattes Lisa has been raving about...and they definitely lived up to the hype! What a great treat this morning.

Why yes, I am sporting a side ponytail today! I love the 80s!!

3 Comments:

At Friday, September 08, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Oh man I love the side poney tail...I give Emma one all the time.

Hmmmm so I was right about two things PS latte ast Strarbucks and The Bus is AWEFUL...

Hope the candy works, good thing you don't work here Iwould be moving in you quebe:)

Have a good weekend

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd love to give you a giant gummy bus - and then watch you eat it. *ARRRrghmp chomp chomp chomp.

TAKE THAT BUS!

plus, it would be a splendid way to charm your coworkers. =)

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

Ahhh, mom. She NEVER fails to pull through in the CLUTCH! That is why we love you Mom...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home