Monday, September 18, 2006

My Place

Okay, a few things from my weekend. First, I'm an aunt again!!! How exciting! To be honest, I'm not really sure how to handle this news. Not that I'm not excited, it's just very strange to say it and understand it without actually having seen her. Her name is Raney Lee and she is a beautiful baby, to be sure.

In other news....I'm going to New York this weekend!! I'm sooo excited! I've never been to NYC and it has always been a place I've dreamed of going. I'm going to take the bus and meet my friend Adam, who just moved there about a month ago. I can't wait to see him and get the grand tour of the city. In order to prepare for all the things I will see, I bought a digital camera yesterday.

I know some of you have been requesting pictures of The Shoebox (what I like to call my apartment). So here are a few. The place isn't too clean, so don't look very close. But at least this gives you an idea of just how small it is. I didn't take any pictures of the bathroom, it was too small for me to get any kind of picture.

In stranger news...I'm pretty sure a racoon or two live in my outside trashcan. If you can see in my pictures the window above my bed...well, my trashcans sit right outside that window. Well, last night I heard the commotion, which I hear a lot. I was in bed already and I looked up out the window and I saw the racoon! Cute little bandit face. I think he and Roxanne were having a stare off. It was a very bizarre scene to be certain. Anyways, I have vowed to never take the trash out at night.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 19, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Looks like you got a new dresser peretty cool. The place looks great, very put together :)You are going to have a blast in NY. Bring good walking shoes...

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

AWE, I love your little shoebox! And I LOVE that you finally got a camera! The story of the racoon and his bandit face had me laughing out loud. I miss you terribly!

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am crazy jealous that you get to hang out in NY with adam! i'd rather you were hanging out with me instead... but i will be strong. you're going to have a blasty-blast, and i think you should try n get some pics of the raccoon. they have black and white faces don't they? i wonder if the other animals in the woods come out and say, "dude, what the hell happened to your face?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home