Monday, September 18, 2006

Pay It Forward

This weekend was pretty uneventful...and that's fine with me! On Saturday I was chained to my apartment, yet again, waiting for the Dish Network guy. He finally showed up at 6pm...ugh. While he was trapsing in and out of my apartment, he brought another woman with him. He said, "She needs directions and I don't live here. Can you help her?" She told me where she wanted to go, and I was giving her directions when it occured to me, there was no car around. So I asked her if she walked here. She said yes. I knew where she was going and I knew it would take her a little while to walk there. I told her if she could wait until I was done with Ramon (Dish Network guy) I would drive her there. She thanked me over and over again. So for about 20 minutes I had Ramon, the dish network installation guy, En, lost Asian woman, and me all in my apartment. My first official house party...or something like that. Anyways, I take En where she needed to go and before she gets out she says, "I make jewlery and sell it, but I want to give you one for taking me." She pulled out a bag of cute dangly earings she had made and tells me to pick one out. She helped me pick out a cute turquoise pair and went on her way. I couldn't help but be touched by this. I felt like a million bucks! I have to admit, it's been a while since I've truly done something for someone else...it feels really nice. I think I'll do it again soon. Thanks En for being so generous and for opening my eyes to what it feels like to pay it forward.

3 Comments:

At Monday, September 18, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

That was very generous of you! Just be careful! Don't let any creeps come trekking through your house, you just never know. BE SAFE Autumn!

LOVE YOU!

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Monday, September 18, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

I was thinking the same thing as Aspen, I guess that is the local big sister thing kicking in :)

Love ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home