Monday, October 02, 2006

What a Difference a Plug-In Makes??

This weekend was pretty uneventful...I knew last weekend is going to be hard to top, so I didn't even bother trying! Friday after work I hung out with Lauren and a few other friends from work. I met a whole bunch of new people...it was really nice. But I got home pretty late and it wiped me out on Saturday. I stayed in bed all day until I had to get up and go up to Lisa's house. I promised to babysit Tatum for Lisa and Chris so they could attend a wedding. But before I left I plugged in a Wallflower my mother sent me last week. My mother is always on time and always makes me feel better. Last week I got a package from her to "Celebrate the first day of autumn." In the package was a yellow cable-knit sweater (I looooove cable-knit) and a Pumpkin Spice Wallflower (Bath and Body Works version of a Plug-In). The instant I plugged in the wallflower, I was overcome with a sense of comfort. The Fall is my favorite time of year...football, fires in fireplaces, leaves changing colors, hot chocolate, sweaters, pumpkin spice lattes, beanies, cooler weather, and the quickly approaching Christmas season. Smells have always been paramount to me in remembering events or times in my life, and the smell of the pumpkin spice was no exception. Awww, the Fall! This time of year is usually the most exciting in my family's lives. We start getting ready for Christmas in September...I've been listening to Christmas music since Labor Day! While I love this time of year, it hit me hard this weekend that I won't be home for the Christmas tree decorating parties or the many weekends where my dad puts up lights all over downtown (he's quite the Christmas light guru), or even the multiple Christmas parties I was always expected to attend. It will be an interesting next few months...I feel the burden of homesickness will bear heavy on my shoulders. But maybe not...maybe I have to grow up and leave the nest at some point.

2 Comments:

At Monday, October 02, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for sitting for Tatum, I hope you'll do it again sometime ;)See you Wed.

 
At Wednesday, October 04, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

ONLY 10 MORE DAYS! I think that will help the small case of "homesickness." But then again, once Daven crawls to you...you might not ever want to leave again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home