Monday, October 23, 2006

Brothers and Parents and Nieces, OH MY!

I'm sorry this post is so long in coming...I've been in a zombie-like state since I got back from Denver. This past weekend I flew into Denver to spend some much needed time with my family. I loved every minute of it! Unlike most people, I can't get enough of my family. We always have such a good time when we get together. I got to spend tons of time with Baby Raney, Tia and Daven...kids are such a weird thing. They just steal your heart without even trying. Tia's crazy...she just repeats everything you say and runs faster than I can keep up with. And Raney, well, she's still so dependent and fragile. She's very cute though...and really quiet! And then there's Daven. Daven is my little angel. I feel closer to him, I think mainly because I lived with Aspen, Logan and Daven for 6 months before I came out to DC. I truly miss him here in the big city. He's the only one I can't talk to and get updates from. I wasn't sure if he would remember me or not, but I think he really did! I got there and he came right to me...which isn't a big thing because he'll practically go to anyone. But while I was holding him and walking and talking with the rest of the group, he pulled my face so that I was looking at him and gave me the BIGGEST smile!! Oh my...forget it. He can have anything he wants from me!! He's made huge progress in his development. We crawled together, and he stood up for me several times and he walked while holding my hands. He's such a big, growing boy!

Outside of seeing Tia and Raney and Daven, I got to see my brothers Trevor and Tucker and my sis-in-law Jody, Aspen and Logan (Sis and bro-in-law), my parents, Monga and Ponga my grandparents, and even Kristen Trevor's longtime girlfriend. I've really missed them all in different ways. I loved all the laughing and sports watching and chatting. I even got a little misty-eyed when I saw Aspen and my Mom. It was such a good weekend and exactly what I needed! I guess the weirdest part about the whole weekend was, after I got off the plane in DC. I was driving back to my apartment, and it really did feel good to going "home." I like it here...and while it is light years away from my family and my hometown, it is my new home. I feel so grown up! HAHA!!

2 Comments:

At Monday, October 23, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

SO glad you had a nice trip and I am also glad you like DC. I am glad you live here too.

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006, Blogger Aspen said...

I miss you so much already! It was so great to see you and I know it was just enough to give you that extra boast you needed to get you through till Christmas. Daven did remember who you were and was so excited to see you! It was obvious all over his face. Next time he sees you, he will say HI!

I know it! LOVE YOU!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home