Monday, November 13, 2006

House Sitting

This weekend I was charged with house sitting for Yvonne while she and her family went on vacation. This included feeding Harley (an 8 year old Siamese cat) and Brooklyn (a 4 month old Siamese kitten) and One Fish (which is acutally Red Fish, but the kids still think it's One Fish...it's a long story). I got to crash in their house for the weekend and eat all their food and watch their movies. It was great!

I had forgotten how mischievious kittens can be. I guess I'm so used to being around Roxanne who's 3 and a half, that I forget she ever was a crazy little kitten. Brooklyn was into everything! And she ran all over the house wreaking havoc in her path. It was pretty funny to watch. When I got to the house, she had dumped over the glass vase on the dining room table full of glass beads. Those things were all over the dining room. I'm just lucky the vase didn't break, I'm sure it was expensive. Both girls were very talkative though. Harley never really warmed up to me and did most of her talking in the form of hissing. I tried not to take it personally, I wouldn't like someone new in my house either. They both would follow me around the house and stay in the room where I was. I even had an audience for my showers. On Saturday night I was sleeping and I moved my leg, only to hear a faint yelp. Brooklyn had shimmied her way under the covers and was sleeping next to my leg before I accidentally kicked her. They made me laugh.

So I had this huge house to myself and a cubbard full of food and I had no idea what to do with it all. Three floors of space was hard to get used to when in my house I have everything within 3 feet of me. And the food...where to start. Well, while it was all there, I unfortunately, am no chef and had NO clue what to do with it. It was a little overwhelming. Maybe I should ask Yvonne to leave me a few recipes next time. I spent most of the weekend eating macaroni and cheese, cereal, and leftover Halloween candy.

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 13, 2006, Blogger Lisa said...

Thansk for peting sitting for Yvonne and Clan we had a blast cruising!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home