Monday, August 13, 2007

One Year Reflections

My how time flies. I just recently passed my one year mark here in DC. What a wild year it has been. I've learned a lot about myself this past year...what I can handle and what I can't. Not every day has been easy, not every day has been fun, but everyday I have grown. Growing up is hard to do sometimes. I've learned to be frugal, I've learned to be okay being alone, I've learned a lot about politics, I've learned to depend on myself and only myself, and I've learned coffee can do wonders for my ability to stay focused at work. Life isn't always what you imagine it will be, but that's okay. The fun sometimes is in the not knowing. I look forward to another year of ups and downs in this big city. So bring it on...I can handle it.

2 Comments:

At Monday, August 13, 2007, Blogger Nancy said...

You go, girl! I think you need to go onto a city street somewhere and toss your hat up into the air like Mary Tyler Moore.

From what I have experienced, I believe that you will ALWAYS remember these days when you look back on your life, and you will cherish them. Even the crappy days.

I also know that being alone won't last forever, either. It seems like it at times!

 
At Sunday, September 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to write a congratulatory note with this post, but I've been remiss in my blog-watching! or at least my blog-responding!

Congrats on making it a year!

Now whatcha' gonna do for a new milestone? Run for office?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home