Friday, June 01, 2007

It's been too long...

I really need to update this thing. I'll give you the cliff's notes version of the last six months:

1. I quit at Starbucks...yeah, that didn't last long.

2. My mom came to visit me...it was great! Poor woman...I put her through the ringer while she was here. Lots and lots of walking.

3. Ran the Cherry Blossom 10 miler...farthest I've ever run. My time wasn't great, but that's not why I run anyway. Seriously considering a half marathon in September.

4. Went home for a few days...wow, did that feel good. I miss my family and friends so much.

5. I thought I cracked my ankle playing softball. Luckily, I did not...but it's been a bear to get over. Today I'm trying out the high heels for the first time in three weeks. It's a really ridiculous story of how it happened. Let's just say, they don't call me "Grace" for nothing.

6. I've started going to church again. I've only been a few times, but I'm really trying to overcome my serious social awkwardness and make a go of it. For those of you who know me well...this is a BIG step for me. I'm hoping to meet new people and create the lasting friendships that have thus far eluded me here in DC.

7. My best friend is getting married. I'm in no way ready or prepared for this. When I was home we picked out a beautiful dress for her. I'm sure she's gonna be the most beautiful bride anyone has ever seen! I just hope I can keep it together to give the big toast.

8. I'm lonely...I hate being lonely. It makes you do really stupid things.

9. I feel like I've got no personality anymore...how do you get something like that back? I don't know either.

10. Roxanne's making me crazy. If I didn't love her so much, she'd be out on her own.

4 Comments:

At Monday, June 11, 2007, Blogger Nancy said...

I lived alone for a long time. Oh, sure, I had my cat, but that doesn't really count. For the record, I didn't live alone long enough to start knitting her tiny sweaters or anything, but those 10 years were wonderful and sucked at the same time. It's hard, and I distinctly remember bawling on my friend's bosom in my driveway telling her how lonely I was. I can *sort of* laugh about that now.

Hang in there. Good luck at church...that's a good step, even though it's hard doing alone.

Rooting for you!

 
At Tuesday, June 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tried to think for almost 24 hours now what to say that would brighten your day and give you an automatic pick me up. But, I've got nothing.

I will say, that you are the strongest person I know. And you will get through this. The lonely times, the hard times, and okay times. You are an amazing woman and have seen so much in your few years. Grow from this experience as I am sure you have already...and at the other end, you will realize what an amazing part of your life this really is.

LOVE YOU SISTER!

 
At Wednesday, July 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bud. i'm starting to feel you on the lonely part. making new friendships is sooo hard. especially when you're an Awkward Annie like me. which i don't think you are at all. you're great. and i miss the bajeezus out of you. someone will see how awesome you are sooner or later. it's inevitable. =)

 
At Thursday, July 12, 2007, Blogger Lisa said...

Come Visit us more often...Pool this weekend?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home