Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Can't Believe I've Sunk This Low

Cue Natalie Cole singing "This will be (an everlasting love)" and Dr. Neil Clark talking about how those other sites provide a just "picture and a paragraph."

You've all seen the commercials. Well, I decided to join eHarmony.com. Keep your snide comments to yourself please. I have to say I am SUUUUPER embarrassed to even admit this. But it's the 21st century, right? I should have an open mind about new ideas and ways of meeting people. So, here goes.

I filled out the ridiculiously long survey they require for participation, and it pegged me pretty good. I'm "reserved, focused and flexible, steady, and content." Yeah, that sounds about right. Are other people out there like me too? I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm doing all this at work...which is probably a no-no, and I'm almost finished. Put in my mailing address, credit card number (who knew finding a partner could be so expensive?!?!) click, submit. Whew, done. And THEN...it yells out over the speakers on my computer "WELCOME to the eHarmony network!" Are you kidding me?? As if this whole thing isn't mortifying enough, you have to announce it that I'm a loser and am looking for love online. I don't think I've ever moved so quickly to the mute button on my computer. Geez, could this get any worse?

So far I have seven "perfect" matches according to the great doctor of online love. I must say I'm kinda underwhelmed. I'm probably just being too picky. It's hard to determine someone's awesomeness by their answers to five "canned" questions.

I'll keep you posted on this crazy adventure.
This will be...oh shut it Natalie. We get it already.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, August 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

classic story, good luck with the endeavor. it's probably safer than craigslist or myspace. even so, there's a possibility I give you a hard time at least once over it.

 
At Sunday, September 02, 2007, Blogger Nancy said...

Well, at least you weren't using a computer someplace like a cafe or something!

I think online dating is a completely acceptable, mainstream way to meet people these days. Who knows? Maybe it cuts down on a lot of the dates one goes on knowing it's a waste of their time.

Wishing you happiness!

 
At Sunday, September 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!This is possibly one of the funniest blogs I have read in a very long time! You tell stories as good as some of the other goofballs in our family!

You should submit this to some newspaper to get published, then you could have a new job of writing your experiences with on-line dating!

You are hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home