Tuesday, July 08, 2008

100 Things

I know some of you are very anxious for a new post. I'm sure you're all waiting on the edge of your seat for a few pearls of wisdom or words from DC. Well, this isn't that post. Those are way too hard to write...and way too boring for you to read anyway. One of my friends posted her list of 100 things...and I thought that sounded like fun. So here goes, to follow up my 7 random things (what a petty number...I can do better than that) :

1. I hate being late and I hate it when other people are late. Your time is not more important than mine.

2. I am a homebody. An extreme homebody. It usually takes a lot of pep talks to get me out of my house.

3. I love shoes. Nothing is better than someone saying, "Cute shoes!"

4. I hate talking in the bathroom. I didn't come in here to make friends. (although, ironically enough, I did meet one of my very good friends in the bathroom...met her for the first time actually in the bathroom.)

5. I don't like my food to touch. Ergo, the KFC chicken bowls are my worst nightmare.

6. I go through phases with my food. I'll eat the same thing everyday for 6 months...then I never want to see it or think of it again. Ever.

7. I eat in cycles...meaning, I'll eat all of my mashed potatoes first, then physically turn my plate and eat my corn and so on and so forth.

8. I will eat my favorite thing last.

9. I hate pretty much all seafood. Hey, I'm from the Southwest...we don't have good seafood down there.

10. I hate mayonnaise and onions and ketchup and mustard. I eat my hamburgers, sandwiches, and hot dogs plain and dry.

11. Don't try and feed me food...you think it's romantic, but it just triggers my gag reflex.

12. I want to live in NYC at least once even if it's only for a very short time...because if you can make it there, then you can make it anywhere.

13. I really enjoy making lists. Nothing's better than crossing something off your list.

14. I also really enjoy throwing things away...it's very cathartic for me.

15. I haven't lived for longer than two years at the same address since I left home the day I turned 18.

16. I miss NM more than I ever thought possible. Even if my family wasn't still there...I'd miss it.

17. Being an auntie is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

18. I've been doing a lot of baking lately...and I sort of LOVE IT!!

19. I am not above bribing or baking my way into people's hearts.

20. Raspberries are my favorite fruit.

21. Reba McEntire will always have a special place in my heart.

22. I'd be literally lost without my family. Closer families just aren't found.

23. I believe that God helps those who help themselves.

24. I love the smell of boys cologne. So much so that when I am perusing a magazine and it has a cologne ad I really like, I'll rub it all over my nose so I will be able to smell it for the next hour.

25. I love to proofread. When someone at work gives me a document to proof, it's the highlight of my day.

26. All the furniture in my house is basically crap...but my wardrobe is rockin!

27. When it comes to clothes, for me it's definitely quantity over quality.

28. I love Christmas...and I start celebrating early...like, September early.

29. The fall (obviously) is my favorite season.

30. Buying jeans and swimsuits are the worst form of torture.

31. I'd be lost without my ipod and cell phone, and now Blackberry.

32. Smells can take me back in time quicker than almost anything. I have very sensitive olfactories. And it seems like everyday when I ride the metro, I am consistently stuck sitting next to the smelliest person in DC.

33. I can't ride a bike.

34. My undisputed favorite movie of all time is When Harry Met Sally.

35. I'm pretty open to music, but someone has to show it to me. I am not good at wading through most of the crap out there.

36. Listening to Rod Stewart makes me feel dirty...like I physically need to take a shower after hearing his voice.

37. I want to run a marathon someday.

38. Jello grosses me out. It's not a liquid...it's not a solid, Pick a side!

39. I have a tendency to be overly pessimistic and think the worst.

40. I love to read! Just embrace the nerdiness.

41. I don't like getting my hands dirty.

42. I just don't think marriage is in the cards for me...and I'm ok with that. All I want is a life long partner who can be my permanent date to company Christmas parties and national holidays.

43. I cherish my space and I love to be alone.

44. Don't condescend me.

45. I hate plants.

46. I very easily can become content...and not always for the right thing.

47. I hate the dentist...I would be perfectly happy if they just pulled all my teeth now and gave me a nice set of dentures.

48. I've always had tons of acquaintances, but very few true blue friends...and that's ok with me.

49. I don't believe in coincidences.

50. I love lip gloss! I have piles and piles of pretty colors and flavors, but the only thing I ever wind up wearing is menthol flavored carmex. Because if it aint tinglin it aint workin.

51. I hate having dry hands and dry lips. That is just unacceptable.

52. I hate wind. (#s 51 & 52 might be reason enough not to move back to NM)

53. Warm lettuce grosses me out! Bleck!

54. I have been told before that I'm a "walking paradox" and I don't entirely disagree.

55. I hate sending cards. If you get a card from me...you are something special.

56. My latest and greatest thing is to not have my shoes match my outfits. I enjoy the crazy looks I get from friends and strangers alike.

57. I miss Capitol Hill more and more everyday.

58. However, I tend to remember things much better than they actually were. A sort of the grass WAS always greener syndrome.

59. I care way too much about what other people think of me.

60. I like dressing up for work everyday.

61. I don't wear jewelery unless it has been given to me.

62. I think confidence is more intoxicating than just about anything else a guy has to offer.

63. I think exercise is a lot of work. And I fall off that wagon often.

64. I miss running road races with the West Texas Running Club. Heck, I just miss running road races.

65. I haven't had a soda in almost two years.

66. I have a tendency to cut off a friendship after three years. So if you've made it past three years (and you know who you are) you're in it for the long haul.

67. I am afraid of commitment.

68. I don't have any tattoos. (See #67)

69. I hate playing games...board games suck.

70. I am a loud laugher. I never really wanted to be a loud laugher...but now I love it because I'm not really "loud" in any other part of my life. (oh except for maybe in my shoes)

71. I've never cared about having a flashy car. I just need it to get me from point A to point B.

72. Almost nothing to me is more fun than two stepping. I love dancing!!

73. I hate that my new job isn't challenging at all.

74. When I get nervous, I'll use big words. And sometimes I don't always know the correct way to use these words.

75. I get really nervous around smart people. (See #74 as to how those conversations usually go)

76. I picked up my failing grade in Finance the same day I picked up my certificate for being in the collegiate version of the honor roll.

77. I love football!! Just another reason the fall ROCKS!

78. I'm trusting enough with people to know I shouldn't be so trusting.

79. I have terrible eye-hand coordination. This makes me really bad at most sports...and video games.

80. I was Miss Personality three years in a row in high school. This is one of my favorite accolades of all time.

81. I thrive on routine.

82. Every Saturday morning I sleep in, clean my apartment, and try out my new recipe for the week. At least that's how it's been Saturday since I moved to Maryland.

83. I have a pretty sweet cat.

84. I drool when I sleep. I actually sleep with a designated drool pillow.

85. I'm am usually very good at expressing myself via electronic medium, but am painfully ill equipped to verbally hold a conversation with the opposite sex.

86. I blush very easily.

87. I'm not overly clean...but I like my things where I like them. Everything has a place.

88. At any given time I have at least three boxes of cereal on hand. My mom always said that cereal was for old people, so we never had it growing up. I have definitely made up for lost time and lost Captain Crunch.

89. I enjoy dark, dry humor. And sometimes people don't know how to take my humor. Not everyone can relate.

90. The Office is the best show on television. It's equally appalling and addictive.

91. I read my hometown newspaper online everyday. (along with about 10 other blogs)

92. When I'm sick, I don't want anyone but my mom.

93. I believe that food is as much a drug as anything out there.

94. My biggest regret in life is not going off to college.

95. I don't like to take pain medication unless I absolutely have to.

96. I'm pretty moody.

97. I love the smell of ink on paper. I almost can't even read what's in the book or on the page without smelling it first. I am a printers daughter, afterall.

98. I hate talking on the phone when other people are around. Even if the conversation is fairly uneventful, it's still hard for me to do.

99. I'm not above plastic surgery.

100. I've never really learned how to properly take a compliment. I usually use humor to deflect the attention away from me.

Sheesh. That was pretty hard! Thanks for the idea Melissa!



5 Comments:

At Thursday, July 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, you're friggin' hilarious.
i literally laughed out loud at numbers 11, 26, and 45. plants? who hates plants? that is so abnormal...and so hilarious.
i love you like crazy!

 
At Thursday, July 10, 2008, Blogger Melanie said...

So glad you did this! Very interesting. You always find things out about people that you didn't know before. I totally agree about the lettuce thing...warm lettuce is disgusting. I'm also a little disappointed you haven't shared any of your recipes with me....maybe Christian has made you promise not to... :) Christmas is approaching quickly...are you already feeling the excitement!?

 
At Friday, July 11, 2008, Blogger Aspen said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your list! I think you underestimated your food issues. I have a feeling there are so many more food issues you aren't telling us! HA! New Mexico misses you...

 
At Saturday, July 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved reading your list! I didn't know you moved to Maryland? Is that still within distance that you can come in to NYC when I'm there in December??

 
At Wednesday, October 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

101: You are way cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home