Thursday, October 11, 2007

NO, I Will Not Marry You!

Ok, that Dr. Neil Clark is full of crap! I can hear my money flying out the window, and I'm no closer to finding any new friends. But if I had a nickel for everyone of those guys who wanted to marry me on eHarmony...I'd have a lot less than a dollar, but you know what I mean. They should actually name that site http://www.hey-wanna-get-married-and-have-9-children.com/ But I guess that name got nixed in the brainstorming process. I don't know, I think it might have caught on. I am not interested, even in the slightest, in either of those things.

I think it's very hard to assess someone's personality by their answers to these silly obvious questions. The whole thing is so cumbersome. You have to go through this extensive process before you ever get to communicate freely with the guy. But by then, I'm so coached that I'm at a loss of what to say. The whole thing is backwards to me. I appreciate them doing the whole matching process...I like that they take the guessing work out of it for you, but I hate that I don't even get to see his personality until at least four communication steps later. I can be extremely witty over email, you know, I can type....then delete, rehearse, try again...all before pressing the send button. So, you'd think this online dating thing would be right up my alley. It might be, but I'll never get to show it at eHarmony...unless he has the stamina and I have the patience to wait that long. And for the record, I don't have the patience. I don't even really bother checking it anymore. I'm bored with you eHarmony. One guy requested communication with me who listed one of the top 5 things he couldn't live without as his "two ferrets." Ummm, I think I'll pass. I mean, I love my cat...I really do, but ferrets are just creepy.

I think I've decided I'm ok being single. I have a routine now that's comfortable and very low maintenance. The part I hate is the being lonely part...but even that lately has seemed less severe. I think I'm just in auto pilot mode...just cruising. But I'm okay with that for now. However, if you know of any cute, single, non-ferret-owning boys...I'm totally up for it.

4 Comments:

At Friday, October 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know of any men in your area, but my sister, Melissa, is moving to NYC on November 9th, so maybe you guys could hang out and search for Mr. Right together.

 
At Friday, October 12, 2007, Blogger Nancy said...

You know what? Ferrets are stinky and tend to go up your pants leg without warning.

In fact, I think "Doctor" Neil Clark might be just as stinky and do the exact same thing at parties. He looks like the type.

You gave it a try and decided it wasn't for you. That's not a bad thing at all.

 
At Wednesday, October 24, 2007, Blogger Aspen said...

HAHA! You crack me up. You are a good catch! Say that with me...You ARE a GOOD catch! Don't you worry about a thing, you don't need any Dr. Neil Clark to point you in the right direction. You will find him on your own time.

LOVE YOU!

 
At Sunday, February 07, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dismiss Slow Downloads With NZB Files You Can Easily Find Movies, Console Games, Music, Applications and Download Them @ Flying Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home