Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vaya Con Dios, Guate!



I can’t even believe this is my last post from Guatemala. It’s been the craziest adventure of my life so far and will not be easy to top. I’m drawing a blank on the best way to summarize my time here. So I think I’ll just include pictures of this amazing place. The first picture is from Cerro de la Cruz (Hill of the Cross) which is a hill north of town that provides great views of the whole city. The day I went you could see the volcano Agua really well…that doesn’t happen often. Usually it’s covered with clouds, so we got very lucky.

This morning I went with my teacher to the last few places I’d yet to see. We went to Capuchinas, which is an old ruined church and monastery. I’m SO glad I didn’t miss this place, it was incredible. It’s a good thing I’m leaving now because I’ve run out of adjectives to describe Guatemala…incredible, beautiful, amazing, wonderful, breath taking…you get the idea, they all apply. It was great to have Carmen with me, she was able to translate some of the markers and give me some of the history of the building. I was really able to see more than I normally would have. Here are some pics of me at the fountain the center, and of one of the gardens on the property. This was a great place to finish my trip.

It’s with a heavy heart that I say goodbye. I’ve met some truly beautiful people here that I will always consider my friends and I’m a better person because I met each of them.

Una parte de mi Corazon es en La Antigua.



1 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 30, 2011, Anonymous Aspen said...

I simply cannot believe your time is up already. What I anticipated to be the longest month of this big sisters life...has now seemed to be a rather quick short month. I am full of pride when I can say to everyone that you are MY sister. Love you! Now hurry home. Well United States of American home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home